Friday 3 June 2016

Gorilla Tragedy

Friday, 3rd June 2016

This particular subject is very frustrating for me, here's why:

On Sunday the 29th of May, a seventeen-year-old silverback gorilla called Harambe was shot. This gorilla was shot due to a young boy called 'Isiah' crawled into his enclosure. I feel as though it was good the gorilla was shot and not with a dart. I believe that if the silverback was subdued it may have got enraged before going to sleep and could have crushed the boy. 

Although in the Harambe's defence the boy's parents should have been paying more attention to their child. How does a 4year old get into gorilla's enclosure?! I strongly believe Cincinnati Zoo should close down until they have better fencing for the enclosure. 

If a 4-year-old boy can somehow get through the wire/bush fencing then how are you supposed to keep a silverback GORILLA in. In my opinion, Cincinnati Zoo really needs to improve their safety precautions in the zoo. 

I am very embittered with the mother for not taking proper care of her son and I can not believe the so-called fence at the zoo was permitted.

Please write your opinion in the comment box below.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Alyssa,I think that the zoo should get higher barriers for little people like the boy that got in I think that they should have a maximum of five kids aloud under the age of five.Do you think that the zoo will close down? can you visit my blog at lakebrunnerbridgetr.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete