Friday 24 June 2016

Challenge #3 Rafting The Grey River


On the 22nd-23th some of my classmates and I went rafting up the back of the Grey river, it was probably one of the most exciting and challenging things I've done in my life (so far.) One of my favourite highlights was probably when, I was in a raft with Hannah, Reed, Jordin, Calder and the instructor: Lochie. It was so awesome because Lochie was trying to stare us into the biggest rapids. I was sitting at the front of the boat when lochie stared us over a drop, the front of the boat bent backwards as we hit the white water that came straight towards us. 

in the saftey brief, I learnt a couple of signals that the instructors use to communicate with each other. I also learnt that you want to find the V of the river when going over rapids because when there are rapids that means shallow water. The V of the river means more water is running there so it's deeper, and the deeper it is the less chance you have of being beached. Unfortunately, once we DIDN'T go down the V and got beached right in the middle of the river. I thought that setting up the tents would be hard, it actually turned out really easy, even in the rain. 

It was such an AWESOME experience! I would definitely do it all again even if I was to fall out the raft (again.) This trip was definitely challenging, although this was more challenging to the body than the mind especially because of the lack of sleep. I have absolutely no regrets choosing to go rafting. I can't wait for the next Challenge.

BRING IT ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment